This will probably the most random thing anyone has heard, but I’m gonna say it anyways.
When I first came to the UK (London) during the first term break of A-Levels at 2006 to check out uni’s, nothing really caught my eye / left a deep impression (深刻的印象). But the first thing (first of many, i might add) that changed this perception came all of a sudden..
My sis and I were walking down a street one morning, just minding our own business you know…just lalala~~~ … and all of a sudden, a white rubbish truck drove past us. Now being a Malaysian, I instantly puffed out my chest, and took a deep breath (as deep as I could), so that I won’t be blown away by the trailing aroma behind the rubbish truck. But somehow, my sister was still in that lalala~~~ happy happy~~~ state. And as the Mother of all Surprises, turned out, there wasn’t a trailing aroma at all behind the truck! I remember being so surprised at that and my sis said ‘Yeah! Cool eh?! Not like in M’sia!’ And for the first time in the UK, I was impressed.
Now, i’m not saying that my desire to stay in the UK is due to rubbish trucks, or neither is it the main reason. It was just a casual observation. And while at 7am on Tuesday, the City Council’s rubbish trucks drove past my street, I was reminded of this particular incident that happened 5 years ago. And at that moment on my bed, after reflecting everything, I have never felt such a strong desire to stay in the UK. However, Dad knows the plans he has for me. while I would be terribly sad if UK isn’t to be, I will still follow. My devotion on that day then started off like that.
Anyway, enough of being emo…
Dad, I know in my heart and mind that you want to bless me the best, and only the best, and not the rest. I know that you have plans for me. Designed plans to prosper me and not harm me. Plans to give me a future and hope. And I thank you for this priveledge. With that, I commit this desire of remaining here and also my job apps to Centrica, Siemens and Vestas into Your hands. While I will be in anguish if UK isn’t to be, I will follow you without hesitation. Where you take me, I will follow. Where you go, I will go. That’s where I can serve you best.
And while waiting, I commit my Wind Power and Energy Storage proj into your hands. As you have put me here for a reason, I shall obey you and do my best. This research is no longer my research. It is Your research. Electrify my project, Lord. Power it’s control strats. Come like the rushing wind to my turbine, and claim your victory!
Amen.
When I first came to the UK (London) during the first term break of A-Levels at 2006 to check out uni’s, nothing really caught my eye / left a deep impression (深刻的印象). But the first thing (first of many, i might add) that changed this perception came all of a sudden..
My sis and I were walking down a street one morning, just minding our own business you know…just lalala~~~ … and all of a sudden, a white rubbish truck drove past us. Now being a Malaysian, I instantly puffed out my chest, and took a deep breath (as deep as I could), so that I won’t be blown away by the trailing aroma behind the rubbish truck. But somehow, my sister was still in that lalala~~~ happy happy~~~ state. And as the Mother of all Surprises, turned out, there wasn’t a trailing aroma at all behind the truck! I remember being so surprised at that and my sis said ‘Yeah! Cool eh?! Not like in M’sia!’ And for the first time in the UK, I was impressed.
Now, i’m not saying that my desire to stay in the UK is due to rubbish trucks, or neither is it the main reason. It was just a casual observation. And while at 7am on Tuesday, the City Council’s rubbish trucks drove past my street, I was reminded of this particular incident that happened 5 years ago. And at that moment on my bed, after reflecting everything, I have never felt such a strong desire to stay in the UK. However, Dad knows the plans he has for me. while I would be terribly sad if UK isn’t to be, I will still follow. My devotion on that day then started off like that.
Anyway, enough of being emo…
Dad, I know in my heart and mind that you want to bless me the best, and only the best, and not the rest. I know that you have plans for me. Designed plans to prosper me and not harm me. Plans to give me a future and hope. And I thank you for this priveledge. With that, I commit this desire of remaining here and also my job apps to Centrica, Siemens and Vestas into Your hands. While I will be in anguish if UK isn’t to be, I will follow you without hesitation. Where you take me, I will follow. Where you go, I will go. That’s where I can serve you best.
And while waiting, I commit my Wind Power and Energy Storage proj into your hands. As you have put me here for a reason, I shall obey you and do my best. This research is no longer my research. It is Your research. Electrify my project, Lord. Power it’s control strats. Come like the rushing wind to my turbine, and claim your victory!
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment