Monday, December 26, 2011

Oh...right.

I totally forgot it's my birthday coming up. It's not exciting. It's just something that is comme çi comme ça (not good nor bad). 

Is this how getting caught up in life will get you? that you forget things like this? that we forget that we and our loved ones are still alive and that's a very HUGE blessing?

My father had brain tumour few years back (thanksfully, it was a benign tumour. meaning it doesn't spread throughout the body (metastasize)). It feels like, we are living on 'borrowed time', of just 5 years or more. it feels like i might lose him very soon. Dec 17th is my father's birthday...thank god i was here this year to celebrate it with him (eventhough my sister was in london due to work). I nearly cried while playing a simple happy birthday song on the piano. no matter how sucky my playing was, it was still, a blessing that he lived another year. 

Dec 17th 2011

My father who did everything the give the best for his children. he was god's channel to teach me compassion, kindness, generosity, loyalty, and giving with a willing heart. He also enabled me to do crazy things, which has made me different, such as:
  • Always the latest graphics cards, computers and gadgets 
  • Allowing me to join the iPhone Developer Programme ($99 USD) (I probably was the first in malaysia at that time to join. Apple didn't even accept malaysian currency at that time!!)
  • Telescope at the age of 12 
  • Encouraged me in Chess. I was top 8 in Kuala Lumpur District Chess Competition (MSSKL), but unfortunately...haha top 40 in the Subang District (MSSD)...it's a lot more harder here ok! I was the one that sparked interest in students in the Library during High School. Everybody would crowd around my game and watch me beat school chess players in 5 minutes. Soon, everyone got into the sport too and the ENTIRE LIBRARY WAS A CHESS ROOM. The Library Head then banned the game from being played for the next few years due to the 'noisy environment'.....what a stupid move by the Library Head. Everyone had so much potential. I will never forgive her for that. She let her school and the entire school chess team down. I will make sure she knows that when we meet... and make her embarrassed. Remove her from her position as Queen. I will send my Pawns after her, one square at a time.



Self-taken pic of craters on the moon. Lost the picture of where Venus was traversing the surface of the sun. It's actually quite hard to take pictures of the sun eclipse. I will definitely get a telescope for my future son, with a CCD-Cam.

I'm not bragging about myself, i'm bragging about how jesus used my dad for me.

I don't know about you dear reader. But what I have learnt back here in M'sia is that we need Jesus. More than just everyday. Every moment, in everything. Time is limited for everything...for living, for dying, for singlehood, for work, for marriage...
Those are my new year resolutions. 
To acknowledge my need for Jesus. To appreciate others more.

I hope that someday, you will realise that too dear reader.

PS: I love my dad. Je t'aime, ma père.

No comments:

Post a Comment